Our Home - Cathedral Park
Our Home - Cathedral Park was envisioned by the Inclusive Community Collaborative and will be developed in partnership by Community Vision, a local nonprofit working for families experiencing disability and Urban Development + Partners, Portland development firm with extensive experience in multi-family construction and co-housing development. Our Home is founded on the concept of creating community for all. The project will host a variety of home ownership opportunities for individuals and families of diverse abilities, ages and income levels.
This inclusive, co-housing inspired community will be located near the base of the St. John's Bridge in the iconic Cathedral Park neighborhood of Portland, OR. It is just minutes from downtown, near public transportation and walkable to many amenities, including the beautiful Cathedral Park. Our Home will be one of the most desirable locations in the city.
- Estimated completion date: Summer 2019
- Location: N. Edison Street and N. Burlington Street in North Portland
- Universally designed homes including 1, 2, and 3 bedroom units
- Conventional ownership of individual units
- Shared landscaped courtyard and interior community gathering space
- 1 ADA and several accessible ground floor units
- Several subsidized units for qualifying individuals
- Learning and growing together as a community and as individuals
- Creating a true sense of belonging
- Cooperative decision making
- Sharing and respect
- Reciprocity, an opportunity to both give and receive, purpose and fun
- A strong connection to the surrounding neighborhood, city and region
Our Home - Cathedral Park is currently in the design phase and is actively gathering community, supporters and funding. For more information please contact Founding Neighbor, Alicia DeLashmutt at email@example.com.
For a printable project information sheet, click here